Thursday, October 15, 2009

PMS-ing


Yesterday I had a very bad case of PMS. My poor boyfie had to face the brunt of my uncontrolled, irrational outbursts, which constituted pointless nagging, careless bitching, fleeting silence and sudden, unexplainable acts of sweetness.

I didn’t know whether to laugh, cry or get angrier with how he tried to put up with me. I sensed he was careful and calculated with what he was going to say or how he’d act around. I was too damn oblivious to even care with mine.

Amongst many other things that happened yesterday while we were together, I flared up at the thought that he ordered another meal for our dinner. He was still hungry because he didn’t have a decent lunch, he explained.

Whether I lost my cool because he wanted a heavy meal even when we’re supposed to eat light OR because he paid a part of our meal when he knew that dinner was on me, I didn’t know. I didn’t care that the meal I ordered for him must have been inadequate for his huge appetite. I didn’t understand that he was still hungry (and tired) from a hard day’s work.

I looked at him, leaned a little closer and said “Don’t you ever get sick and tired of my constant nagging? Don’t you ever wish I never nagged at all?

I’ve gotten used to it. I hear nagging from my mother and sisters at home. What else is new?

Well don’t you want to break free from home? (sounding sarcastic) Get a breath of fresh air?” I snapped.

Well, there’s no place like home.”

My mood changed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment