Sunday, December 20, 2009

Superficial

I had a great time with my Marketing teammates last Saturday. We had dinner at Alejandro's, a Filipino restaurant which catch line screams "Home of the best Crispy Pata!". I hardly helped myself with their food though. Filipino food, though delicious, is much too adipose for me.

We stayed a little longer for some drinks. The fun was just getting started with my teammates doing their own silly antics. I found myself dancing to the tune of Beyonce's 'Single Ladies', much to their delight.

The night was young and not over yet, so we trooped to Club Vudu. It's been a while since I last went clubbing, having fun and dancing the night away.

The party scene at Vudu was more rocking than ever. People were dressed to the nines, goodlooking creatures whose presence made you stop and stare. Beneath their well-done makeup and fancy clothes, I wondered, Were these people real? Nevertheless, the party music made me dance like I didn't care.

I checked out the crowd again and realized why I don't really frequent places like this. There are just about a lot of superficial people lurking around. People who are much too worried about how they look that they forget how to have fun. Looking fabulous is not a bad thing, of course. Yet, there's the ugly truth in trying too hard to look hot and stiff just to impress. Superficial, you can say that again.

I would rather look crunk and stupid but have fun than look hot but stoic and boring.

Well, let's just say real people know how to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment