Friday, January 1, 2010

The Year that was, the Year that is now


I leave 2009 thankful for all the blessings I have received and welcome year 2010 filled with so much hope.  As in the past years, I have never any New Year’s resolutions because I have never really seen the point of it. Change doesn’t start at the beginning of the year – it starts with oneself.

Yet, having a new look has always helped jumpstart my new year. In 2008, I had my bangs chopped off, and surprisingly looked good in it. Last year, I had my hair rebonded and never felt any better. I don’t know what I will have for my 2010 makeover yet; other than my hair, I’m thinking of something more.

This 2010, I am hopeful that something better will happen to my career. I have always been the person who never wants to stop learning. When one ceases to learn, one ceases to grow as well. This year, I am hoping to find a spark in my career – the kind of spark that not only gives me what I need, but I want all the same.

This 2010, I am hopeful that my loved ones and my relationship with them will continue to be blessed. I am thankful  to have a beautiful family who loves me unconditionally, the most wonderful friends who are always there for me and the most amazing boyfriend any girl could ask for. The life that I have right now, though not perfect, is one that gives me more than enough reasons not to complain.

Looking back on the year that was gives me so much more to look forward to in the next year. Yet, the best part about leaving 2009 and welcoming 2010 is that I have finally forgiven someone from my past. Whatever pain and confusion he had caused me back then, and the guilt and remorse that he had been carrying all these years are already forgiven and all behind us now. What matters is that our relationship is now better than ever.

There is indeed no better feeling than to forgive those who have caused you pain. You let go of the pain you have inside you, and start anew and whole a person again.

Have a blessed New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment