Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Working out the Marriott way

I no longer believe in diets. I've tried several diets too, in my efforts to maintain my ideal weight. At one point, I got so thin I thought I was doing a good job until I got so sick that I was rushed to the hospital. The doctor told me I hadn't been eating well.

Now I am a firm believer of the concept that in order to lose weight, eat right. You can eat whatever you like as long you do so in moderation and keep yourself physically active as much as possible.

So in January of this year, me and my colleague signed up for gym membership at the Marriott. I found that it was the most convenient place for me to workout in terms of location and accessibility.

Hotel view from the pool

The Marriott fitness center is equipped with modern gym facilities such as the elliptical cross trainer, treadmills, stationary bikes and other equipment. They have personal trainers to help you out with your routine too. Gym membership at the Marriott entitles you to free use of their swimming pool as well.

Gym bud, Winnie


Watching Chloe, the Chihuahua while on the treadmill =)

The Marriott gym can get cramped especially during peak hours, which is around 5 to 8 pm, so it can be difficult to find a space to workout or use their equipment. You may have to ask the trainers to reserve the equipment for you or simply wait for your turn. This can be a downside especially if the only time you have to workout is during these hours and you don't have all day at the gym.

Also, they have too few workout programs available (probably because of the space), so working out can be a somewhat routinary especially if you're only keen on using one or two of their exercise machines.

On a lighter note, you don't have to bring your own towels, drinking water or bath soaps when you workout at the Marriott because they provide you with these. Sometimes, they even give away shampoo and lotion too.

Sauna

Ladies can request for a blowdryer for your hair after using the shower. I also love that they have a sauna, which is a great way to relax at the same time sweat out. Their personal trainers are friendly and attentive too.

A pose before dipping!

the pool


The Marriott is located at Cardinal Rosales Ave. Cebu City.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I know this was 3years ago but im just wondering how much is the membership fee of marriot gym? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete