Sunday, May 2, 2010

Top ten essentials every working girl must have



Everyday I bring my kikay kit with me but you'll find that there's not too much stuff inside - just the basics. I'm pretty low key when it comes to kikay stuff; I simply make do with a few touch ups and I'm good to go. It could be because of the pretty laid back environment at work or that I don't really like putting on makeup.

Here are some of the things inside my kikay kit that I just can't do without (and that every working girl should have):

1. Alcohol. Always have a bottle of disinfectant handy to keep you sanitized throughout the day.

2. Eye drops. My eyes tend to get dry and tired for sitting in front of the computer for eight hours (or even longer). A few drops of Eye-Mo gives my peepers instant eye relief and comfort.

3. Powder. I shun pressed powders. I have oily skin and I dont really like the idea of oil getting trapped in the sponge and getting mixed up with powder each time I apply it.  Besides, I'm too lazy to wash the sponge anyway. (hehe). I only use Johnson's baby powder to keep me fresh and matte all day. No frills.

4. Dental floss. Brushing alone is not enough to keep your teeth clean. That's why I make it a point to floss everyday. I really like Johnson & Johnson's Reach Mint Waxed dental floss. Its minty goodness makes flossing so addictive! Currently though, I'm using a cheaper brand, but hey it's always better than not flossing at all.

5. Moisturizer. Airconditioning at the office can take a toll on my hands, making it dry and stiff. I use Nivea Creme to moisturize my hands so I could clack away on the computer comfortably all day.

6. Eye Concealer. My eyes often get tired at the end of my shift. How my peepers look mirrors how my day at work has been. But I always cheat my way at it by applying Top Gel pearl cream stick around my eye area. The product is actually for the face but I prefer to use it as an eye concealer. I love how it instantly brightens my tired and stressed eyes, as if I wasn't ngarag from work. (hehe) 

7. Lip Gloss. My lips tend to get dry and chapped easily. Mary Kay lip gloss in Sweet Raisin keeps me moisturized with a hint of color.

8. Hair elastic bands. My hair's natural condition just could not afford me to simply let it loose and not have a bad hair day. So I always, always tie my locks with elastic bands especially when I'm commuting to work.

9. Hair Polish. Unless I'm riding a cab, two jeepney rides to work usually leaves my hair disheveled. Vitresse Hair Cuticle Coat keeps my hair smooth and well behaved. I love that a little application goes a long way and that its not greasy.

10. Ascorbic Acid. The weather these days can be such a bitch, making you more prone to viral illnesses such as cough, cold and flu. I believe my strong resistance to common illnesses can be attributed much to Vitamin C. I take 500 mg of ascorbic acid everyday, sometimes even more. I'm not sure if Vitamin C overdose is something I should be wary of, but lately I've been sticking to 1 tablet a day.

So what's in your kikay kit?

No comments:

Post a Comment