Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tubig, anyone?!



It's been a month now since I last used the shower. Not that I wanted to, but because there's no water coming out of the showerhead anyway.

Water shortage has become a problem in my place for some time now, and I am terribly feeling the brunt of it. In fact, there was one time when I had to make do with two 500 mL bottles of water straight from the portable tubig machine, for the love of bathing. There is just no way I am going to work without taking a bath, especially in this wicked heat.

And because water supply lately is far worse than an on-and-off relationship, I now have to wake up earlier than I usually do just to make sure I have enough water to start my day right.

But then, I am not alone. Water shortage in Cebu City remains to be a problem that seems to take too long to be resolved. And with the El Nino wreaking havoc on the city's water sources, the situation just couldn't get any worse.

The question on when this dilemma is going to ease up - better yet, end, we do not know. Doing the rain dance just like what Sarah Geronimo did in her movie may be a far-fetched idea for me. But if it can help beat the dry spell, why not?

Then again, it boils down to one important thing - to conserve water. It doesn't require too much, but it definitely goes a long, long way.

image source: campusadv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment