Monday, September 27, 2010

Saturdate at Rai-Rai Ken

Mancomm week was finally over and I couldn't be more thankful to have survived yet another super stressful phase at work that it has been my resolve to reward myself every after business review. It was so sweet of my boyfriend to treat me to my favorite, sashimi.

We could have dined at Tokyo Joe's where we usually eat Japanese food, but learned that they no longer served sashimi. So off we headed to Rai-Rai Ken.

Beef Ramen

My soup lover of a boyfriend ordered the beef ramen while I gave their Gomoku Chaha (fried rice with mixed seafood) a first try.

Gomoku Chaha

Of course, dining at a Japanese resto is never complete without sashimi.

My favorite, tuna Sashimi

Although the Gomoku Chaha tasted good, I usually prefer my fried rice dry and salty, much like like the yang chow fried rice at Dimsum Break. Nevertheless, their Gomoku Chahan was very filling. I had a little taste of the beef ramen too and I especially loved the noodles, except for the bamboo shoots - I thought they smelled and tasted awful.

Next stop after a sumptuous dinner? A nice, relaxing Swedish massage at our favorite spa.

Oh how I love Saturdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment