Friday, October 1, 2010

The Diamond 'Feel' (my first diamond peeling experience)

Thanks to stress, pollution and poor lifestyle habits, I lately noticed that my skin looked dull, tired and rough, no matter how religious I have been with my cleansing and moisturizing routine. I hated how poor and lifeless my skin would show even in pictures, with a strong urge to just photoshop out of desperation just in case somebody would tell me I looked tired - again.  That's when I decided to get a professional facial treatment.

Getting 'laser-ed'

So I went to Skinzone IT Park to get a facial. I instructed my attendant, Claire, that I wanted a 'no-pricking facial' (never again to pricking!), but was then convinced by her that a diamond peel was more suitable for me since I didn't want to be pricked.

Diamond peeling is a fast and painless procedure that removes dead skin, leaving it supple and rejuvenated. It helps promote smoother, healthier skin and diminishes the appearance of blemishes, acne scars and even stretch marks.

First thing Claire did was slather cleansing milk on my face and neck, massaging it super gently. Then, she wiped it and applied scrub (to slough off old, tired skin, for sure). After another wiping,  she applied the collagen mask.

Each cream application took a while to stay on my face to induce effect, I could have just wanted to doze off  but was too excited to know what she was going to do next anyway. Claire was also very friendly, I was comfortable all throughout the entire procedure.

After preparing the diamond peel machine, Claire put a vacuum suction device on my face that would suck out dirt and dead skin. In the middle of the 30-minute procedure, Claire told me to feel my face. And boy, what a difference. My skin felt so smooth to the touch, I just needed to resist the urge to feel it again and again or I might ruin the procedure (haha). 

Claire then showed me the grime collected from the diamond peeling. This you have got to see.

Look ma, lotsa dead skin!
She then used a laser tool for three minutes to close my pores.

"This is going to sting." Claire told me before applying toner on my face (which did, but tolerably) and then slathered on moisturizer before removing my protective headband and calling the procedure done.

 
Post peel effect
Forty minutes of all that slathering, vacuuming and stuff made my face red and tender right after. I no longer washed my face before hitting the sack.

The Morning After:

When I woke up, I noticed that my face was less oily. There's still the slightest sting and luck was on my side because the sun wasn't out today, but I had sunblock on as an extra precaution (I've been religious with putting on sunblock since I discovered how much havoc the sun can wreak on skin anyway.)

After two weeks, I'll be getting another diamond peel again, perhaps make it a habit (if money permits! haha) While I cannot see visible effects yet, I must tell you my skin feels cleaner and more refreshed now than when I only do ordinary washing and moisturizing.

Try getting a diamond peel, or any professional facial treatment for yourself, when you can. Treat yourself to something you deserve, and which your skin will thank you for in the long run.

And oh, need I say a change in lifestyle habits?  

40 comments:

  1. Hi Melgrace. How much man ang per session sa diamond peel sa Skinzone? Thanks...(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, paid Php400 for diamond peeling. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ang mura naman ng session ng dp dyan, dito sa Bacolod 1K yata... derma ba yung nag dp sa'yo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! nope but she was well trained. :) some salons offering diamond peel charge higher talaga :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how many sessions needed? do diamond peel works on my pores? because my pores are really big and i do look like cheese because of this.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi gian!
    it depends on one's skin condition. More often than not, i often find myself missing my sessions due to time and budget constraints. Getting a diamond peel can help reduce the appearance of acne scars and other imperfections but for really severe scars, i think more advanced procedures are recommended, like dermal fillers, perhaps. im no dermatologist here though, just my two cents worth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melgrace. Kelan mawawala yung after effects ng dp?
    and what are the visible effects post-dp aside from redness? thanks!

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello B,
      redness usually disappears in an hour or two. personally, regular dp works for me coz my skin really glows :)

      Delete
  8. Ilang days bgo mawala ung redness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ron,
      Redness right after a dp just disappears in an hour or two, depends. Just avoid the sun if you've just had a dp, it can cause redness too. :)

      Delete
  9. I had my first DP session today at Skin Perfect Salon in Robinsons Dumaguete. Like you, I didn't want any pricking done. Never again. The first facial I had with pricking I think gave me further scars. Anyway, just my 2 cents, DP really left my face soft. It feels so good and well I also bought the skin nutrient cream and 2 other creams for fresh acne and acne scars. Per session it would cost you 750 but with the 4 session price, you get 4 DPs plus 2 more for free. I saw instant results and I'm excited to get my next DP session :) Stumbled upon your blog as I got home. Good one btw! Anddd good skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ressa,
      Wow, good for you! i think we both have the same skin type - i have acne prone skin too and a previous pricking procedure left me some unsightly scars. that's why dp really helps esp for us whose skin needs extra special care because it reduces the appearance of scars and really makes your skin glow. Feel free to share with me your other skin care pleasures. :)

      Delete
    2. hi Ressa I'm also from dumaguete i wanted to try this DP.it is OK for a male to this some kind of a gurl thing? I work in the office i want to look good every-time i entertain clients, I am shy to go to ROB to this cause i am a guy..any advice?

      Delete
  10. Is it really effective? I have acne scars that makes me not so confident and I really want this to fade? Would dp really help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say it works for me and I hope it'll do the same for you too :)

      Delete
  11. how much is the price now? do they have any package offered?=)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grace! Nag peel pa yung skin mo after, as in yung visible na peel na super conscious ka? :) Just had my very first treatment kasi today. I tried to do some research over the net, sabi it MAY cause flaking daw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi,
      thanks for reading my post. yes until now i still experience slight flaking, but not disturbing naman. i think it's best to avoid the sun post dp and dont forget to moisturize. i always have my DP in the evening, so i dont worry much about flaking and redness. works for me. :) how was your DP experience?

      Delete
  13. Where is Skinzone IT Park? I would really want to get a try on this. Especially because it is very affordable. But is she a licensed practitioner of this? Is she a dermatologist? I just want to make sure that it's safe. Amazing blog by the way. This helps people in Dumaguete who's got acne-related problems.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi, always go for well trained attendants, or you can always get a derma to do it for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is the price still the same? I love to go there. I think we have the same experience.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is the price still the same? I love to go there. I think we have the same experience.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi, does DP can minimize ur pores too
    ??

    ReplyDelete
  18. what kind of scars do you have before?? bcoz i have icepick scars on both side does dp can reduce the visible of this scar?

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello :) natuwa ako sa post mo kasi kagabi lang nagpaDP ako..and ur right about pricking,akala ko binabalatan na ako ng buhay ni ate..hahaha..anyways, natuwa nman ako sa effect nya kc nwala tlga ung mga black/white heads ko esp. sa nose area..until now medjo masakit pa ung ilong ko e..pro sobrang smoth ng skin ko..ask ko lng po,kc pag gising ko ng morning sobrang oily ng skin ko even after ng session ko..ganun po ba talaga un???thanks...:)
    jelly here from palawan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Jelly! personally, less oily naman yung skin ko the morning after and may difference talaga sa look and feel ng skin ko. i think i need to get a dp now na nga eh. hehe..regards!

      Delete
    2. hi po...
      nagpapaDiamond peel din po ako..
      may chance po b n ma-close nung pores?,after ng ilang session??...tnx po

      Delete
  20. hey mel. i want to try diamond peel. how many sessions do i need to remove acne scars? magpreprevent din ba ang DP sa pimples?

    ReplyDelete
  21. saan malapit yan sa it park?

    ReplyDelete
  22. just wanna ask kung same price parin bah?!cuz i really have a stubborn acne..sobrang rami qng whiteheads.wanna try the dp..and besides its cheaper than the others..(student budget!!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. you cant take diamond peel if you have acne especially if cystic, its not totally advisable. i think you should undergo facial treatment first to remove the acne.

    ReplyDelete
  24. May nabasa po akong article na lumala daw po mga pimples nya after taking the DP. Nakakatakot po pero as one who ahve experienced DP also. Totoo po ba iyun? concerned lng po aq sa bad effects :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. mga ilang sessions poh ba makikita yung result bago mawala yung mga pimple marks??

    ReplyDelete
  26. hello. good day. mgpapaDP ako dis weekend sa dermacare. ok b DP nila don? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi miss.. meron akong mga pimples at the moment okay lang ba magpa DP khit merong pimples??

    ReplyDelete
  28. i just had my 1st diamond peel last tuesday, but before i already tried CHinese Peel 3months ago,many are saying na nkakabutas daw ng mukha ung diamond peel especially ung skin q n my pimples,how true is that?i'm so nervous about it. Need help.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi ..i have dark spots now on my skin due po sa pggamit ko nga cow beauty soap a week ago.yan lang po ang prib sa face ko..ngkakapimple din po ako pero its not bothering me because hindi visible pgtumubo...matatanggal po kaya ng dp ang dark spots sa dace ko?salamat..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Peeling bardzo dobrze działa na trądzik

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi gud nn po! Ask ko lng po f ok lng ba na mgpa dp ako kc ung face ko po may ina apply po akng chinese cream pg d po ko ng aapply nun nangangati po ung face ko..do i have to undergo facial treatment or ok lng na dp? Ung work ko din po kc nsa field so expose po sa sun & dirt..please give an advice po..thanx much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. gaano ka tagal ang pamumula ng face ate.

    ReplyDelete