Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Why, thank you, BB cream

During my most recent diamond peel session, the attendant remarked that my skin was looking better than before, saying that it looked brighter and smoother. 

Okay, so maybe getting a diamond peel regularly has helped, alongside my doctor's prescription for my acne-prone skin. It's just that she repeatedly remarked how good my skin looked, (I'm not sure if that was her way to get me to tip her big, haha) That's when I realized I should give BB cream part of the credit too.

What I'm using

I first learned of BB (blemish balm) cream in my desperate attempts to find that one product that would best suit my skin - the perfect example of imperfect. And because I am not really into wearing makeup, I wanted to find that one product that could give me the 'no makeup' makeup look, if only to stop my well meaning friends from telling me to put some glow on my otherwise pale face. 

Lucky I found these things and even more in a BB cream. I've been using this wonder cream for four months now and I've been so hooked - in fact, I don't leave home anymore without applying it on my face. Why do I love BB cream? Let me give you my top five reasons:

1. Conceals imperfections. Think blemishes, dark spots and uneven skin tone. BB cream's got them all covered. BB cream instantly brightens my skin, giving it that nice, noticeable glow.

2. Protects from the sun's harmful UV rays.

3. Moisturizes my skin. Who says oily skin should skip moisturizer?

4. Lightweight and goes on easy and natural on the skin. Unlike foundation, it doesn't feel thick and is non-comedogenic.

5. Time-saving. Because BB cream all comes with coverage, moisturizing and protection properties, I'm usually all set and good to go after application.

I guess this explains why BB creams are such a rave among women, especially Asians. And if you ever wonder how many celebs, for instance, Korean stars, possess impeccably good skin, that's because they use BB cream too. I'm currently using Maybelline BB cream - the product works well on my skin although I know there are other better brands out there which I might want to try when the tube runs out. 

Now you see why I am smiling more confidently now. See the difference?





BB cream could also stand for this too - Be Beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. U are beautiful, with or w/out Bb cream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I should also try the Maybelline kind. I've only had one love affair with bb creams and it is only with Purederm's 3 in 1 Magic BB Cream. Mahal though. How much is Maybelline's mel?

    ReplyDelete