Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Alone and lonely




The past few days have made me feel like an emotional wreck, nursing figurative wounds I felt I could not get past with, let alone patch. My psyche disapproves, but emotions are a stronger force than that, succumbing to anxiety attacks and a feeling of helplessness - loneliness beyond reprieve. I've been alone for some time but I've never felt this lonely.

I wish you were here. I need you. So he was told. He could wipe her tears dry, chase her blues away. Yet all he could do was stay on the other end of the line until her tears dried all on their own. 

If it isn't distance, it's the pain of being lonely that's killing her. She has been counting the days when he will come home, she will not know when, but she will wait faithfully.

I miss you. Please come home.


No comments:

Post a Comment