Monday, December 19, 2011

Help Sendong victims



Following the tragedy that has happened to our brothers and sisters in Mindanao, I'm really not as festive as I should be. I have relatives in CDO and Iligan and I was worried about them knowing how badly these cities were hit.

Thankfully, they are fine; but my heart breaks to know that a lot of people drowned in their sleep (as of the latest count, there are more than 650 casualties) and many more are missing. 

The plight these people are suffering, and will still have to bear is heartbreaking, so let's extend whatever help we can to the victims of typhoon Sendong.  Donate whatever you can such as clean clothing, drinking water, medicines, slippers, canned goods or give financial aid - whatever help we can give counts. 

I've just finished packing some relief items (pillows, bedsheets, clothes and slippers) for sendoff tomorrow at LBC. For those who want to help, you can send your donations at any LBC branch, check with Red Cross and/or your bank.

A little goes a long way. Let's make them, at the very least, feel the spirit of Christmas by helping them at this time of dire need.

No comments:

Post a Comment