|with my sister|
1. I'd borrow my mama's chalk and eraser, write shilly-shallies on walls and play little teacher with my sister as the student. Then we would switch roles.
2. I'd treat my wounds by myself. I didn't like mama telling me the "I told you" tirade because I loved playing out and about a lot.
3. I'd sit up straight on a table holding a newspaper and read out loud like I was a news anchor.
4. I'd direct a play using small, empty bottles as characters. I did the arrangements, script, voice-overs, the works. It was fun and a lot better than having a dollhouse!
5. I'd make my own chocolate recipes - pudding, cookie fudge, cake - using soil. :)
6. I'd stop whatever I was doing whenever mama came home from work. She always brought something I really liked.
7. I'd make coffee for my papa & serve it to him whenever he got home from work. I still remember putting too much sugar in it, but he'd drink it anyway. :)
8. Powdered milk was my favorite snack. Mama would keep the milk jar out of my reach and close the lid so tight because she knew why it was easily consumed. :)
9. I'd ask a lot of questions, it tested my mama's patience and intelligence. Haha
10. I loved to read: children's stories, textbooks, Ibon facts and figures, mama's Economics books, novels that had racy covers, descriptions on product labels, even my papa's electronics references (haha). I carry on this love for reading until now.
Oh my happy childhood.