Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Officially engaged!

He asked, and I said Yes! :)

There’s always that one special moment when a man really sweeps you off your feet. It would be your most beautiful, most unforgettable. It happened one beautiful Sunday and I am still on cloud nine. 

I never would have thought that after all that we have been through and having come quite this far, we’d find ourselves to a place worth going further to – to a love that has not only been nurtured on halcyon days, but has worked through tough times. This is where we truly are.  

How could I not forget this? How could you not make me cry? How couldn’t you have taken me by the most beautiful surprise more when you proposed to me in front of the altar at the Basilica de Sto. Nino, took a beautiful ring out of the box, slipped it into my finger, and then said these words “I love you. With God as my witness, will you marry me?” 

How could you not touch my soul?

It was surreal. Beautiful. Perfect. We talked about settling down, yes, but he waited for the right time and he picked the best place to propose. The love that we have for each other wouldn’t be what and where it is now without God in it. Every day I thank God for giving him to me. 

You. My lover, my bestfriend. You, who, have been my pillar of strength, my joy, and my pain even. You, who, continue to fight for me even when I am facing my own demons; even when you have your own battles to deal with. We find ourselves knowing there is more to go, and I do not expect the road we are taking is easy. There was never a doubt in my mind what might lurk for us.  The thorns always come with the rose and that’s what makes it beautiful.

After all that we’ve been through, I know I have found myself to where I truly belong – with you. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my god! tears of JOY(ce) haha when I read this! :) congrats Mel :) so happy for you dear. God bless you both. May you have a wonderful married life ahead blessed with brilliant and healthy kids...mag ninang nalang ko sa baby pohon. hahaha ... will miss that "other" special moment that girls look forward to (walking down the aisle) hayyyyy hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Mel! Can't wait to hear your step by step account on how Ms Teen Philippines officially got engaged in the Sto. Nino Church. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaahahahahah. loko jud ka rey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice mel.. I am truly happy for you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow..now pa ko kabasa dah.. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.. touching

    ReplyDelete