Sunday, December 9, 2012

Cosplay Christmas


Boo. I had been too lazy to update my blog for the past few weeks. I know that a lack of inspiration is not an excuse, so if you've been visiting my page and found that there's nothing new to read, my bad!

December started off with super typhoon Pablo, and although it wasn't good a way to kickoff the holiday season, I am so thankful that we were safe here in Cebu as well as my family back home. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of Pablo, my fervent hope that they can get back up from its deluge. 

And with the beautiful sun rising up again and our spirits always high, there was no stopping our office Christmas party from happening. This year, we went for the Cosplay theme. 

Cosplay, a portmanteau of the terms costume and play, is an art in which one wears a costume and plays it up with accessories to represent a specific character. Popular cosplay ideas include anime, comic books, manga, video games and films.

There are not a lot of cosplay rentals here in Cebu; and the few existing ones mostly offer costumes limited to anime only. Luckily we were able to find a place in Guadalupe that has a variety of fun cosplay costumes and accessories. Rental is more affordable compared to the others we scoured as well.

I didn't know what character I really wanted to represent but decided to rent this nice, red dress and eureka! I thought this would be perfect for the sexy Red Riding Hood look.

voila!

Long lashes and red lips make all that difference. I must say it made me look and feel really sexy.



rodeo hot!




My top three favorites

It was fun and refreshing seeing everyone dress up in their favorite characters. Hands down to my top three favorites, Sailor Moon, Artemis and Selene of the movie Underworld.

Cosplayers
Red Riding Hood's fabulous friends

For a self-confessed fashion ennuyeuse like me, events like this can be a breath of fresh air. It makes me look forward to the next time I can play up a little bit of something I'm not much of a player of. And so it makes me wonder...

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know there's a costume rental in Guadalupe. Where is this exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chyrel, it's near Guadalupe church. There's a house beside a spot with a huge signboard that reads ATM, that's where it is.

    ReplyDelete