Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Wedlock


My good friend since childhood, Verna, has finally tied the knot and I couldn't be happier for her. It was a beautiful vintage wedding which took place at the second oldest stone church in the Philippines, Our Lady of Immaculate Conception in Baclayon, Bohol. It was well attended by her family and friends and she was definitely at her most beautiful. 

It's always refreshing to know how two hearts have managed to stick and work through things and make the ultimate journey to committing to each other through marriage.  

the beautiful bride

The wedding's motif was white and midnight blue. There were touches of tangerine, as seen in the floral arrangements and in what several guests wore. I had a hard time finding a midnight blue piece, so I donned a white dress instead.

Verna walked down the aisle in a gorgeous Fanny Serrano creation. Everyone was just smitten by how beautiful she looked that day.

here comes the bride

i love the bridesmaids' oh-so-elegant look. 

itaga mo sa bato: well wishes on stones

Chardonnay and candy in cute bottles for wedding favors

next in line! haha

the newlyweds

the clique

Back then, Verna and I would talk giggly and dreamily about happily walking down the aisle to our grooms waiting at the altar. We never raced ourselves to it, but I knew then this was the right time for her to settle down. I'm glad I got to see that dream of hers come true.

 Best wishes to the newlyweds! May you two have a lifetime of love and happiness and of course, good and beautiful children!

1 comment: